Supporting teams and suppliers with user research and service design. Government agencies include;
- National and Local Government
- Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency
- Nuclear Decommissioning Agency
- Department of Education
- The Coal Authority
- HM Revenue and Customs
- National Health Service
Designing mobile, web and social media for business and the arts. Organisations include;
- Arts Council England
- Arts and Humanities Research Council
- English National Ballet
- Heritage Fund
- National Trust
- Museums Libraries and Archives
Delivering corporate business transformation in governance-led, legal and finance sectors
User research and service design
User research collaboration and co-design are an essential part of our work with government agencies, corporate and medium-sized businesses
Service design projects include;
- National Resilience Extranet – Emergency procurement portal
- NHS Careers – Medical training resources
- Enviroenergy – District heating smart meters
- Nuclear Decommissioning Authority – UX research for secure knowledge-base
- Constructionline – UX research for UK Gov service acquired by Capita PLC
- Transport for London – Mobile App concepts
- University of East Anglia – Student admissions and Staff portal design
- Pensions and Life Savings Association – Digital consultancy
- Offshore Legal – mobile-first website redesign
- Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency – Commercial vehicle licensing design
- Department of Education – School communications channel design
- HM Revenue and Customs – Secure Data Exchange Service design
Critical service delivery during the pandemic and beyond
As an eSynergy associate we help organisations understand the trends, risks and opportunities that exist in today’s fast moving commercial environment. We have supported eSynergy projects for over three years. In 2020 we delivered research and design services in response to the challenges presented by COVID and EU-exit. Our efforts were rewarded with an HMRC Partnership Award, ranking 6th out of 1,000 nominees for collaborative working.
As we emerge into a world of disrupted supply chains, hybrid working, and social change, we continue to pursue a design strategy that balances user needs with businesses efficiency and customer value.
Underground at the National Coal Mining Museum England. This collaboration with student filmmakers and the University of Nottingham was screened at Broadway Cinema, Nottingham.
Creative and tech support for digital outreach projects
David and thinkamigo founder Paul Fillingham both have connections with the mining industry. They conduct outreach work with people affected by structural unemployment and digital exclusion via their community interest company Mines2Minds Education.
Design collaboration with David Amos;
- A History of Coal Mining in 10 Objects – Digital outreach
- Bestwood Winding Engine House – Schools curriculum pack
- DH Lawrence Heritage – Web and multimedia production
- Coal, Community and Change – Touring exhibition and digital interpretation
- Banners and Beyond – print publication and education outreach
Strategic alliances with Universities and local government agencies provide a bridge with local businesses and community groups.
The Arts Council funded, Guardian Award-winning multi-platform digital comic ‘Dawn of the Unread’ was subsequently published as a printed anthology with support from UNESCO and Spokesman Press. (BBC TV launch).
Platform design, digital comics, stories and trails
James and thinkamigo founder Paul Fillingham met at the Nottingham Writer’s Studio in 2010. Over the past decade, their ambitious projects have engaged hundreds of students and creative practitioners. These award-winning projects, many focussed on the rebel writers of Nottinghamshire, have involved mainstream media events, music, gamification, flashmobs. Their digital portfolio also helped secure Nottingham’s status as a UNESCO City of Literature.
Design collaboration with James Walker;
- The Space Arts, Sillitoe Trail – On-demand digital arts platform
- Being Arthur – National Festival of Humanities, 24hr Twitter drama
- Dawn of the Unread – Guardian Award-winning digital comic
- Nottingham UNESCO City of Literature – Bid and branding design
- The Memory Theatre – D.H. Lawrence arts platform
- Whatever People Say I Am – Digital comic platform